Read this before you move into your RUMAWIP unit!
Living in a sRUMAWIP can be a great way to save money on rent and enjoy an urban lifestyle, but it can also present some challenges when it comes to furnishing and decorating your space. With limited square footage 9800 to 900 sqft) , it’s important to be strategic about the furniture you choose to ensure that your home feels comfortable, stylish, and functional.
One solution to this challenge is to invest in space-saving furniture that can help you make the most of your square footage and create a comfortable living environment. Here are a few tips for choosing space-saving furniture for your small condominium:
- Look for multi-functional pieces: When shopping for furniture, choose pieces that serve more than one purpose. For example, a coffee table with storage underneath or a bed with built-in drawers can help you save space and keep your home clutter-free.
- Consider foldable furniture: If you have limited storage space, consider purchasing foldable furniture that you can easily tuck away when not in use. Folding chairs, tables, and even beds can be a great solution for small condos. These types of pieces can be easily stored in a closet or under a bed when not in use, freeing up valuable floor space.
- Invest in wall-mounted furniture: Instead of taking up valuable floor space, consider mounting your furniture to the wall. Wall-mounted shelves, desks, and even beds can help you save space and create a more open and airy feel in your home.
- Use vertical space: Don’t forget about the vertical space in your home. Utilizing tall bookcases, shelving units, and even hanging plants can help you make the most of your vertical space and keep your home feeling spacious and organized.
- Choose small-scale furniture: When selecting furniture, opt for smaller pieces that won’t overpower your space. A loveseat rather than a full-size sofa, or a small coffee table rather than a large one, can help you save space and make your home feel more cohesive and inviting.
In addition to these tips, there are a few other strategies you can use to make the most of your small condominium. For example, you might consider using mirrors to create the illusion of more space. A large mirror on a wall can reflect light and make a room feel larger. You can also use light-colored paint and light-colored furniture to create a brighter, more open feel in your RUMAWIP.
Another way to save space in your small condominium is to use furniture that can be easily moved or reconfigured. For example, a futon or a fold-out couch can be used as a bed when you have guests, and then converted back into a sofa during the day. Similarly, a coffee table with wheels can be easily moved to a different part of the room when you need more space for entertaining.
Finally, it’s important to be strategic about your storage solutions. Rather than cluttering up your space with large, cumbersome pieces of furniture, consider using bins, baskets, and other organizational tools to keep your home neat and tidy. By using under-bed storage and other space-saving solutions, you can keep your small condominium feeling spacious and comfortable.
In conclusion, living in a RUMAWIP doesn’t have to mean sacrificing style or comfort. By choosing space-saving furniture, using vertical space, and being strategic about your storage solutions, you can create a comfortable, functional, and stylish home in even the smallest of spaces. Singaporeans are the perfect examples in doing this!