Firstly, it’s 10 year counting from the date your S&P is stamped! All if not most of the RUMAWIP need substantial renovation before moving in.
Renovating a RUMAWIP with durability in mind is important to ensure that the space remains in good condition for years to come (average 6-7 years after taken possession) before you are allow to sell it off. Here are some tips for renovating a condo with durability in mind:
1. Choose durable materials: When selecting materials for your renovation, choose those that are known for their durability, such as :
Solid wood – This is typically considered the highest-quality material for furniture. Solid wood is durable, long-lasting, and can be refinished or repaired if it gets damaged. Some common types of solid wood used for furniture include oak, maple, cherry, and walnut.
Plywood – Plywood is made by gluing together thin layers of wood, and is often used to make the frames and structural components of furniture. It is generally considered to be a good-quality material, but not quite as high-quality as solid wood.
Particleboard – Particleboard is made by compressing wood chips and resin, and is often used to make the cheaper, mass-produced furniture. It is generally considered to be a lower-quality material, as it is not as durable or long-lasting as solid wood or plywood.
MDF (medium-density fiberboard) – MDF is similar to particleboard, but is made by compressing wood fibers instead of wood chips. It is often used to make the less-expensive furniture, and is generally considered to be a lower-quality material.
Metal – Metal is often used to make furniture frames and accents, and can be a durable and long-lasting material if it is made from high-quality metals like stainless steel or aluminum. However, lower-quality metals can rust or corrode over time.
Wiring – insist of using the brand Mega for all the wiring works. Please take note that the existing wiring works will not be using this brand as it cost too much for RUMAWIP projects.
- you can opt to do the opposite if you plan to renovate a second round before you sell the house, the risk is it may not last till then
2. Opt for quality fixtures: Select high-quality fixtures, such as faucets and showerheads, that are made from durable materials like brass or stainless steel. They will be able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use and last longer. DOE is a local brand you can trust! Those brand from Italy is just not worth it for this market segment.
3. Install water-resistant features: In areas like the bathroom or kitchen, install water-resistant materials like waterproof drywall, moisture-resistant flooring, and water-resistant sealant around fixtures to prevent water damage. (buy from the hardware shop lot not those in malls; go where the plumbers go & insist on buying good quality product)
4. Prioritize storage solutions: Installing ample storage solutions, such as built-in cabinets, shelves, and closets, can help prevent clutter from accumulating and keep your condo looking tidy and organized over time.
5. Think about maintenance: Consider how easy or difficult it will be to clean and maintain different materials and fixtures over time. Choose materials and fixtures that are easy to clean and maintain to keep your condo looking great for years to come.
Plan for the future: Finally, think about how you might use the space in the future and plan your renovation accordingly. For example, if you plan to sell the condo in a few years, choose design elements that are timeless and appealing to a wide range of potential buyers. For example black ceiling.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your condo renovation is not only beautiful and functional but also durable and built to last. (THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN EXECUTE THIS IS YOU BUY THE MATERIALS YOUSELF!) When hiring a contractor; request for a list of materials he needs and get it yourself and pay him for the labor (pay more than he ask for, the workmanship is as important). This is the best advise I have to prevent you from dealing with a never ending defects which most property investor face. Please also read Recommended Brand for RUMAWIP Renovation.
Please subscribe to our Telegram Channel for future RUMAWIP launches if you are interested.